Our bright team
While each of our lawyers is specialised in one or more practice areas, they nevertheless develop and maintain professional knowledge in general business law. We train our lawyers to be exceptionally well-rounded practitioners in order to ensure that specialisation is achieved without sacrificing the important perspective of the generalist. Strict adherence to quality is reflected in the selection and training of our professionals.
Dispute Resolution; Mergers and Acquisitions; Corporate and Commercial Law
Career and qualifications
Waselius & Wist, Partner 2009-; Waselius & Wist, Associate 1999-2008; Arbitrator in several FCC and SCC arbitrations. Secondment Clifford Chance, London, 2006; Trainee in another Finnish law firm 1994-1996
Tanja Jussila has acted as pleading counsel and arbitrator in numerous court and proceedings in Finland and abroad.
Finnish Bar Association; Finnish Law Society; Finnish Arbitration Association; AIJA – International Association of Young Lawyers (President 2011-2012; 1st Vice President 2010-2011; President for the Litigation Commission 2008-2010, Vice-President for the Litigation Commission 2005-2008, AIJA National Representative for Finland 2003-2006)
* Recommended as leading lawyer in the field of Dispute Resolution by Chambers Europe and Chambers Global
* Recommended as leading lawyer in the field of Litigation by the Euromoney Legal Experts
* Recommended in the field of Arbitration and Corporate Law by Best Lawyers®
“efficient and a brilliant analyst.” (Dispute Resolution)
– Chambers Global 2016
* Waselius & Wist successfully represented BASF Oy in a contractual dispute;
* HKL selects Moventia and Smoove as supplier of Helsinki city bike system;
* Injunction proceedings between Sachtleben Pigments Oy and Lanxess AG in connection with a contractual dispute
* Arbitration between major US company in the marine industry and a Finnish marine industry company regarding a contractual dispute.
* Arbitration between Finnish electricity supplier and a major paper/nonwovens manufacturer regarding damages claim under electricity supply agreement.
* Invalidation of arbitration award in the dispute between Werfen Austria GmbH and Polar Electro Europe B.V.
* Commercial dispute between Hjalmar Svenfelt Foundation and Oy Karl Fazer Ab regarding shareholdings in Cloetta Fazer (publ.) in Sweden.