Our bright team
While each of our lawyers is specialised in one or more practice areas, they nevertheless develop and maintain professional knowledge in general business law. We train our lawyers to be exceptionally well-rounded practitioners in order to ensure that specialisation is achieved without sacrificing the important perspective of the generalist. Strict adherence to quality is reflected in the selection and training of our professionals.
Career and qualifications
Waselius & Wist, Partner 2009-; Waselius & Wist, Associate 2001-2008; Visiting lawyer at Allen & Overy LLP, London, 2005-2006; Trainee in other law firms, courts and an investment bank 1997-2000
Lotta Pohjanpalo’s practice focuses on EU and competition law, public procurement and M&A transactions. She has more than 15 years of experience from domestic and cross-border transactions in complex high-profile cases. She has also been responsible for numerous domestic, multi-jurisdictional and EU merger control analyses and filings predominantly in cross-border transactions. She regularly acts as counsel in proceedings before the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority, the Market Court and the Supreme Administrative Court. Her practice also comprises corporate advisory work and commercial agreements.
Finnish Bar Association; International Bar Association; Finnish Law Society; Finnish Association for European Law
* Winner of the Client Choice Award 2018 in the category Competition & Antitrust in Finland.
* Recommended as a leading lawyer by Chambers Europe
* Recommended by GCR 100, the Global Competition Review’s listing of the world’s top competition practices.
* Recommended in the field of Corporate Law by Best Lawyers®
“Lotta provides proven invaluable support; she handles complex cases and aggressive timelines very well."
“Lotta is one in a million!”
– Client Choice Award 2018
"good negotiator, pragmatic, straight to the point and always available."
– Chambers Europe 2018
"Lotta Pohjanpalo is noted for being commercially minded."
– Legal 500
* Waselius & Wist successfully represented Bayer Oy;
* Acquisition of DIARC Technology Oy by Oerlikon;
* Acquisition of Solita by Apax;
* Acquisition by I Squared Capital of TIP Trailer Services;
* Waselius & Wist successfully represented Ascensia Diabetes Care Finland Oy;
* Acquisition of Digita Oy by Digital Colony;
* Waselius & Wist successfully represented CityBike Finland Oy;
* Acquisition by Söderbergföretagen of a majority stake in SEAB;
* Waselius & Wist successfully represented the winning tenderer Moventia & Smoove in public procurement litigation in the Market Court;
* Investment by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company in Maas Global Oy;
* Waselius & Wist successfully represented Hardware Group Finland Oy in trademark dispute before the Supreme Court;
* Waselius & Wist successfully represented Bayer Oy in public procurement litigation in the Market Court;
* Waselius & Wist successfully represented Olympus Finland Oy in public procurement litigation in the Market Court;
* Succesfully represented Bayer Oy in public procurement litigation in the Market Court;
* Investment by Delos Living LLC in NaturVention Oy (Naava);
* Waselius & Wist secures major victory for hospital supply companies;
* Acquisition by Alumeco Finland of the aluminium business of Ovako Metals;
* HKL selects Moventia and Smoove as supplier of Helsinki city bike system;
* Acquisition by LifeAssays of Magnasense Technologies;
* Merger between Zimmer and Biomet;
* Acquisition by PwC of Booz & Company;
* Stora Enso selects BravoSolution as global SRM solution partner;
* Represented a leading multinational finance and business solutions provider in its expansion into the Finnish market for dynamic currency conversion;
* Represented one of the world’s largest companies in personal care products in the successful reversal of a major procurement before the Market Court;
* Merger control aspects of Acquisition by CapMan of Kämp Group;
* Competition law and regulatory aspects of Acquisition by FSI, Borealis and Finnish pension funds of Fortum Corporation’s electricity distribution business in Finland;
* Advised a major international rail vehicle manufacturer in regulatory and competition law matters relating to a number of procurements by the Finnish Railways;
* Acquisition by one of the world’s largest companies in personal care products of its competitor;
* Represented an international media company in a successful defence concerning alleged abuse of dominant market position before the Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority;
* Recapitalisation of a chemical company, value EUR 3 bn;
* Acquisition of Finncomm Oy by Flybe Finland Oy;
* Acquisition by Rynda Capital Partners Europe of the H20 Group;
* Acquisition by RUSNANO of OptoGaN Group;
* Acquisition by Helo Group Oy of Tylö Group;
* Acquisition by Ejendals of Urho Viljanmaa Oy (Jalas);