Children do not start wars, yet they are the most vulnerable to the deadly effect of wars. In Yemen, more than eleven million children are in need of humanitarian assistance.
Instead of mailing any Season’s Greetings we have made a donation to help these children. We wish you all a peaceful year 2019.
Highlights of Unicef’s work in Yemen in 2018 include:
- primary health care given to nearly 1 million children under five
- vaccination against polio to 4,2 million children
- treatment of at least 195,000 children with Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM)
- distribution of 42,000 school bags among school children
- provision of risk education awareness on hazards of explosive remnants of war to 1,1 million children and adults
- access to education services in safe learning spaces to 164,000 children