Joined Firm: 2001
Languages: English, Finnish, Swedish, French
+358 (0)9 668 95282
+358 (0)40 522 6155
View on LinkedIn
Charlotta Sittnikow has over 15 years’ work experience in Finland and abroad. She advises domestic and international clients on a wide variety of matters and arrangements relating to data protection & privacy (GDPR), e-commerce IT and consumer laws. Her practice also includes employee privacy matters. She has also obtained notable experience on a range of regulatory and compliance matters in her practice, and has advised businesses especially in the telecom sector on the legal and regulatory implications connected with regulated markets.
Her recent publications include “Data Protection in Finland: Overview” in Practical Law Data Privacy Advisor 2018-2019.
Career and qualifications
Waselius & Wist 2001-; Secondment Mannheimer Swartling, Moscow 2008-2009; Visiting lawyer at Nokia Corporation 2006-2007; District Court of Vantaa, court traineeship (2002-2003); European Parliament, Strasbourg, Trainee 1999. Certified CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe, IAPP 2019).
Education: University of Helsinki, LL.M. 2001; Trained on the Bench, 2003
* Sale by CCR S.A of Quicko to MaaS Global;
* Joint Venture between Neova Oy and Lassila & Tikanoja Plc;
* Advised Hg Capital and Visma in the sale of ownership interests in Visma;
* Advised LocalTapiola Finance in the private securitisation of a portfolio of auto HP contracts;
* Acquisition by One.com of Zoner Oy;
* Acquisition by Euronext of Ticker Software;
* Divestment by Commonwealth Bank of Australia of First State Investments;
* Acquisition by CMA CGM of Containerships Oyj;
* Sale of Maksuturva to Svea Ekonomi;
* Acquisition of Solita by Apax; counsel to Apax;
* Acquisition of Digita Oy by Digital Colony;
* Acquisition by Loomis of Intermarketing Oy;