Our bright team
While each of our lawyers is specialised in one or more practice areas, they nevertheless develop and maintain professional knowledge in general business law. We train our lawyers to be exceptionally well-rounded practitioners in order to ensure that specialisation is achieved without sacrificing the important perspective of the generalist. Strict adherence to quality is reflected in the selection and training of our professionals.
Data Protection & Privacy; Employment; Regulatory compliance, Market law
Career and qualifications
Waselius & Wist 2001-; Secondment Mannheimer Swartling, Moscow 2008-2009; Visiting lawyer at Nokia Corporation 2006-2007; District Court of Vantaa, court traineeship (2002-2003); European Parliament, Strasbourg, Trainee 1999.
Certified CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional / Europe, IAPP 2019).
Charlotta Sittnikow with over 10 years’ work experience in Finland but also from abroad advises domestic and international clients on a wide variety of matters and arrangements relating to data protection & privacy (GDPR), e-commerce IT and consumer laws. Her practice also includes employee privacy matters. She has also obtained notable experience on a range of regulatory and compliance matters in her practice, and has advised businesses especially in the telecom sector on the legal and regulatory implications connected with regulated markets.
Her recent publications include “Data Protection in Finland: Overview” in Practical Law Data Privacy Advisor 2018-2019.
Finnish Bar Association (2005); Finnish Law Society; AIJA – International Association of Young Lawyers; ITechLaw – International Technology Law Association; Finnish IT Law Association, IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals)
* Advised LocalTapiola Finance in the private securitisation of a portfolio of auto HP contracts;
* Acquisition by One.com of Zoner Oy;
* Acquisition by Euronext of Ticker Software;
* Divestment by Commonwealth Bank of Australia of First State Investments;
* Acquisition by CMA CGM of Containerships Oyj;
* Sale of Maksuturva to Svea Ekonomi;
* Acquisition of Solita by Apax; counsel to Apax;
* Acquisition of Digita Oy by Digital Colony;
* Acquisition by Loomis of Intermarketing Oy;