Our bright team
While each of our lawyers is specialised in one or more practice areas, they nevertheless develop and maintain professional knowledge in general business law. We train our lawyers to be exceptionally well-rounded practitioners in order to ensure that specialisation is achieved without sacrificing the important perspective of the generalist. Strict adherence to quality is reflected in the selection and training of our professionals.
Career and qualifications
Waselius & Wist, Partner 2018-; Waselius & Wist, Specialist Partner 2016-2018; Deloitte Finland, Head of Legal Services (2013-2016); Nokia Corporation, Head of M&A Legal (2010-2012), M&A Legal (2006-2010); Nokia Corporation, CMO Global legal (2004-2006); Roschier, Attorneys Ltd. (1998-2003); Visiting lawyer at Nokia Mobile Phones, Nokia Corporation (2003); Visiting lawyer at Nokia Networks Oy (2000)
Fredrik Lassenius’ practice focuses on M&A and corporate transactions. He has more than 20 years of experience from cross-border, domestic and overseas transactions. His dual experience as both in-house and external counsel and involvement in Nokia’s landmark transactions give him a unique perspective and insight in assisting clients in complex transactions.
International Bar Association, Finnish Bar Association (2002-2004)
* Recommended in M&A by IFLR1000
* Recommended in Commercial, Corporate and M&A by The Legal 500
"Friendly, reliable and commercial. A great partner."
"friendly, helpful and available" (Commercial, Corporate and M&A)
– The Legal 500
* Acquisition of Coromatic by E.ON;
* Acquisition by Secto Automotive of OP Kulku;
* Acquisition of Patrizia’s Itämerenkatu 5 office asset by eQ Finnish property fund;
* Handelsbanken and EVRY enter into a strategic agreement;
* Acquisition of Solita by Apax;
* Sale of Maksuturva to Svea Ekonomi;
* Acquisition of Digita Oy by Digital Colony;
* Acquisition of Afore Oy by AEM Holdings Ltd.;
* Acquisition by Loomis of Intermarketing Oy;
* Acquisition of Staples’ European Business by Cerberus Capital Management;
* Sale of Finland’s e-Taxfree to Fintrax Group;