Our bright team
While each of our lawyers is specialised in one or more practice areas, they nevertheless develop and maintain professional knowledge in general business law. We train our lawyers to be exceptionally well-rounded practitioners in order to ensure that specialisation is achieved without sacrificing the important perspective of the generalist. Strict adherence to quality is reflected in the selection and training of our professionals.
Career and qualifications
Waselius & Wist 2012-; Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP (2015); Law Office Heinonen & Mörä (2009–2012)
Maria advises banks, financial institutions and corporate borrowers on complex, cross-border financings and refinancings, with a focus on acquisition and leveraged finance transactions. She also has experience in transactions combining bank lending with debt issuances.
In 2015, Maria was with Cravath, Swaine & Moore in London as a Foreign Associate working on equity and debt capital markets transactions.
Finnish Bar Association (2016); Finnish Law Association
* Recommended as “Rising Star” in banking by the Euromoney Legal Experts 2018.
* Acquisition of Bella Boats by Nimbus Boats;
* Acquisition of Verifone Systems Inc. by Francisco Partners and BCI;
* Acquisition of Solita by Apax;
* Fingrid Oyj EMTN Debt Issuance Programme listed on the LSE;
* Acquisition of Digita Oy by Digital Colony;
* Joint venture between Firesteel Resources Inc. and Nordic Mines AB;
* Acquisition of Skaala by IFN Group;
* Financing of My Lender;
* Neste Corporation EUR 400 million notes listed on NASDAQ Helsinki;
* Refinancing of Nomad Foods by Offering of Senior Secured Notes and Senior Credit Facilities;
* Offering of Senior Notes by Nets Group;
* Acquisition of Staples’ European Business by Cerberus Capital Management;
* Finnair Revolving Credit Facility;
* Sanoma Revolving Credit Facility;
* Financing of acquisition by Permira of CABB Group and EUR 410 million Senior Secured Notes offering;
* Offering of Senior Secured Bonds by Elematic;
* Offering of EUR 300 million Senior Secured Notes by Ovako;
* Advised Eurex Clearing AG in connection with its admission as a clearing house pursuant to the EMIR;